RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation For Adults
RCIA prepares adults for Baptism, welcomes already Baptized adults to complete their sacraments of initiation (Confirmation and Holy Communion), and invites Catholics who wish to learn more about the teachings of the Catholic Church.
St. Zachary is fortunate to have a knowledgeable and caring group of RCIA facilitators who, throughout a six-month process, will reveal teachings and insights about the sacraments, doctrine and matters of faith to adults who wish to become fully received into the Catholic Church during the Easter Vigil Mass.
Ten top reasons to come to RCIA—not in any particular order.
- You want to become Catholic.
- You are marrying someone outside the faith and they need to know more about our faith.
- You are Catholic, and did not receive all of the Sacraments of Initiation— Confirmation and Eucharist.
- You have children to teach and don’t know the faith well enough.
- You have a friend or family member interested in learning more about the faith, who would be more comfortable if you came with them.
- You have experienced a loss of some kind in your life and need a small faith community.
- Your spouse is not Catholic, and might be interested in joining our Church as your children are receiving first communion or confirmation.
- You are Catholic, and would like to learn current Church teaching and practice.
- You’ve heard it is a great experience.
- God is calling you.
For more information, contact Dc. Jack Smith, DRE, at 847-956-1175.