The work of the committee is primarily preparing and making decisions or recommendations for the common prayer of the assembly.
The role and responsibilities of the Liturgical Committee is to:
- plan the liturgy for Sundays, Holy Days, holidays and other occasions and discuss liturgical practices;
- recommend steps to make liturgical improvements;
- be responsible for liturgical education of its members and of all liturgical ministers;
- provide direction for planning the liturgical seasons, sacramental celebrations and other liturgical events; and
- preserve good traditions of the church.