Updated August 23, 2021
Where masks are required:
- indoors in the City of Chicago and Suburban Cook County for all clergy, staff, volunteers and parishioners inside archdiocesan facilities, including Masses, liturgies and all activities/events within our parishes.
- inside all archdiocesan school buildings, regardless of the individual’s vaccination status and regardless of school location.
- inside all parish and agency offices, campus ministry facilities, and Pastoral Center offices (when in common hallways, kitchens/lunchrooms, restrooms, copy areas, offices or conference rooms), regardless of vaccination status.
Where masks are strongly recommended:
- for all clergy and parishioners attending Masses and liturgies throughout all archdiocesan churches, including those in Lake County, regardless of vaccination status. As much as possible, please make masks available for those who do not have them and wish to wear them.
- ALL pastors, priests, deacons and lay ministers across the archdiocese are asked to wear masks for all liturgical services regardless of their vaccination status. This is a safe practice and models charitable behavior.