Welcome to St. Zachary’s Religious Education Program!
~Enriching the lives of the youth through the Catholic Faith~
The Religious Education Program at St. Zachary Church is committed to welcoming and serving all children by deepening their Christian faith and identity through initiation rites, instruction, and formation in an age-appropriate setting. We support and enhance the efforts of parents and guardians who want to share their faith with their children. We are committed to proclaiming the mysteries of faith, fostering a community, and serving others.
Religious Education Classes Grades 1-8
The St. Zachary Religious Education Program is based on the reality that parents must be the primary religious influence in their child/children’s lives. The program’s success relies on whether each child has a relationship with the church beyond the classroom and the values being instilled in them are being reinforced at home.
We describe our approach to teaching our children as holistic as we incorporate different teaching methods that include prayers, liturgies, appropriate arts & crafts, music, and service opportunities, which all play an integral part in our program. Knowledge is important but not enough: children must be able to integrate what they have learned. Our goal is to help children develop their relationship with God and live out their discipleship.
The Junior High Program is a two-year program that combines group discussions, community service outreach, and retreats. Confirmation is celebrated at the end of 8th grade.
What We Offer
- Holiday Events
- Interactive Rosary
- Service Opportunities
- Dedicated masses to each grade level throughout the school year
- Social Justice Projects (Phil’s Friends, FMSC, giving to the homeless)
Parent Meetings & Family Events are a staple of Religious Education Programs. These are conducive to community building, prayer, sacramental formation, and program information.
- Home School Parent Meeting –Date coming soon – Parents choosing to home school their child/children for Religious Education this year must attend the Introductory meeting
- Catechetical Sunday – Date coming soon – Every parish in the United States celebrates the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel. At St. Zachary, we will celebrate Catechetical Sunday during the 9 am Mass. Catechists, parents, and students will receive a special blessing. Families from Wednesday and Sunday programs join this Mass together.
- Opening Parent Meeting – Date coming soon –This is the first class for Wednesday and Sunday students. While children/teens are in class, Marta Robak and Fr. Piotr will speak with all parents about the new initiatives in our program this year and review our safety protocols. Parents will have a chance to ask questions, pick up any forms they still need to turn in and learn about volunteer opportunities in the program. Students will receive their books in the classroom.
About the Coordinator of Religious Education
Questions: Please contact Marta Robak at email@example.com or 847-956-1175
My kids have enjoyed going to their religion classes. We are grateful for all the teachers and the new director.
Marta Robak has been a great REFRESH!! We hope she remains as director as we can’t wait to see how she evolves this program even more.